Reply To: Burn and leave … but where to?Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines Burn and leave … but where to? Reply To: Burn and leave … but where to?

MartinJ
Participant

I’ve lost count of how many miles devaluations I have seen with the various FFP of which I am a member. Often I just resented paying more miles for future flights and sometimes I was infuriated by how my hard-earned miles were devaluated retroactively. I often caught myself vowing to “burn and leave” but a few months down the road my new “safe haven” suddenly followed suit in the expropriation run. The worst offenders so far have been Flying Blue (April Fool’s Day), Miles&More (2012) and, most recently, my new darling Lifemiles (still good value but their changes always seem to be unannounced which makes the programme just too unreliable and risky).

Seeing all that, I am getting tired of being on my guard all the time and checking out different FFPs to get the best deal only to find that the goal posts are constantly moving. Should I just accept the fact that the earn/burn ratios are getting worse every year, put up and shut up, or is it really worth complaining, searching for better programmes, switching loyalty, status matches, etc. What do you think?

PS: it’s not the status I’m after but the discounted long-haul premium flights.