Reply To: Flight BA762 LHR – Oslo emergency landing

Back to Forum

Tim2sms
Participant

I was inbound on BA192. After circling for 30 mins, we diverted to Stansted. The crew were very informative, and the Captain came down to speak with us after landing.

While on the ground in Stansted, I asked to disembark, but BA has no PAX processing facilities at STN.

A cup of tea was provided by a hard working crew who hid their tiredness.

We were parked at a gate and airport WiFi was available. (I was at the front.)

After a refuel and approx 40 mins on the ground, we took off and flew for 12 mins back to LHR. On landing in LHR the terminal was chaos. The queue for transfer passengers backed up so far that those heading for passport control had to cross the queue, and that was causing upset and aggro.

I have never been a fan of T5, which I think is a design failure in terms of the flow of passengers through the terminal, but it was looking utterly grubby and really is not appealing. Whoever designed the route from passport control to the Heathrow Express forgot to give clear signage .

The crew were great, and despite disruption to many people’s day, not a single murmour of complaint. We all knew BA did their best in the circumstances.

BA F photos for anyone interested. (Taken over a number of flights.)

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls