Reply To: Flight BA762 LHR – Oslo emergency landingCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines Flight BA762 LHR – Oslo emergency landing Reply To: Flight BA762 LHR – Oslo emergency landing

Guest_Poster
Participant

As I explained before, the responsibility of the aircraft captain is for the safety of the aircraft, passengers and cargo. S/he will therefore make a decision based on an assessment of the aircraft capability and the highest probability of achieving a safe outcome. I won’t second guess the crew on this flight, but had a similar event happened to me, near home base, I would have taken some convincing to divert to an alternate airport in a period of very high workload.

As student pilots learn, the priority in flying, especially under non-normal conditions, is aviate, navigate, communicate.

Edit: the term crippled is not a judgment you (or me) can make about this Airbus. The captain would have sufficient experience to decide the capability he had and what this implied. As it returned and made a landing where no injuries were sustained and where the aircraft was not severely damaged (from the landing), the word crippled is probably a little overwrought.