Reply To: Flight BA762 LHR – Oslo emergency landing

Back to Forum

BigDog.
Participant

@JordanD – 30/05/2013 15:08 GMT

…instead of speculation, shall we not just wait for the AAIB to at least publish the interim report.

Given there were no passenger casualties, I do not believe it is morally wrong to speculate here. In fact speculation is a raison d’être for many fora including BT.

Some of the longest threads have been/are speculative, sustained by constant drip feeding from the press and posters’ insights, well in advance of “authoritative reports” – The number of runways at LHR, LHR v Estuary Airport; future routes; HS2; whether BA has cut the LHR lounge budget; whether Walsh and the senior team will coordinate their diaries with VK to meet at ToL again? etc as well as speculating on the cause of the tragic AF447 and other serious air incidents.

So Jordan are you suggesting it is inappropriate to speculate generally or speculate about air incidents or is it because this incident involves BA?

As to my comment “It appears BA are increasingly on the hook as to the cause…” as noted, Probability Theory would demonstrate my comment to be factual, not speculation.

Besides if speculation stopped, Bucksnet’s fascinating conspiracy theories would not be aired, which would be a loss to all.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls