Reply To: Delta Business v BA Business

Back to Forum

Haggis73
Participant

Hi All,

Was wondering if I could get your thoughts in the following flight options from DUB – DFW in July for two adults for a family wedding, ideally on the Delta business side of things as I’ve been unable to find much info about it.

Cost wise there are really pennies between the two so cost not an issue.

Got it narrowed down to two options.

1/ Delta A330-200 DL177 DUB-ATL-DFW

By looks of things the business seating is older reclining business not newer lie-flat,
the advantage of pre-clearance at DUB sounds good.

This option appeals as my good lady has Gold Flying Blue with KLM and unfortunately could do with the flight legs to help her maintain it this year, and we are more likely to use the Flying Blue miles in future than any Avios.

2/ BA B747 BA193 DUB-LHR-DFW

The BA business lie flat product looks better but my other half is concerned that the centre ‘couple’ seats are to claustrophobic and you need to step over someones feet/legs to get out if required
And the window/aisle seats mean that as a couple it becomes unfeasible to have a normal conversation together and if you are on the window side then yet again may feel claustrophobic not having aisle access.

My gut says go with BA as you know what you’ll get in general and more likely to be consistent in service, whereas with Delta being US carrier the potential extremes of service make them more of a gamble.

Thanks in Advance for any comments.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls