Reply To: Is there a doctor on board?

Back to Forum

DavidGordon10
Participant

jackdobbins116 @ 08 00 – as I started all this off, I should join in again. I think you have missed the original point, and another most important point that has come up during the discussion.

To make it quite clear: whenever the call has gone out, I have always responded, and not worried about the risks. This is the new point that has come up in discussion, the risk of a malpractice suit or worse. I take the view that the patient comes first, and the worries come later.

The original point of the thread was to ask other travellers: what do they expect when the doctor is called on a flight? My expectation has never been of reward, and any reward that comes is a bonus. I singled out Air Canada and Czech Airlines in my original post because the important thing that came from them was a letter from the airline expressing genuine thanks. What one does not want is a letter that clearly has just come out of the word-processor without going through the brain of the person signing it, and worst of all is smething that is meant to be a “thank you” but is an insult. The doctor on the plane does sometimes save the airline a very great deal of money so – polite thank yous, please.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls