Reply To: Is there a doctor on board?

Back to Forum

DavidGordon10
Participant

Chardie @ 06.04 – the captain must decide. The captain of an aeroplane, like the captain of a ship, must be in command. He (or she!) will take the advice of the doctor or nurse – and the captain of the ship will take the advice of the navigation officer or the master at arms or whatever – but in the end the captain is in command and must take the correct decision for the good of the plane/ship and its passengers.

RFerguson @ 10.38 – I can absolutely understand that a nurse in general is more use than a doctor, and the arrogance of some of my medical brethren makes me cringe. The best combination for something difficult, in my experience, is one of each. I have had some really excellent working in mid-air with colleagues from nursing. We spend a lot of time these days trying to educate medical students that we must work in teams. Doesn’t always penetrate the medical student skull….

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls