Reply To: Is there a doctor on board?Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines Is there a doctor on board? Reply To: Is there a doctor on board?

GarethForster1
Participant

Markus UK makes some very valid points in his last post which as a registered healthcare professional I very much share, hence for me in that situation it was an ethical decision I made to assess the patient. Indeed I gained informed verbal consent from Patient and ensured that this was witnessed by a member of the cabin crew. You have to weigh up all options, though ultimately any Nurse or Dr is trained to save lives and that is what we do, so long as we are working safely within our own scope of practice. I strongly dispute the comments on here that suggest payment should be made to the patient. Becoming unwell at any time could happen to any of us. If a Dr or Nurse was not on board an airline would probably have little alternative but to divert. causing them delay, disruption and severe financial implications. As a healthcare professional I expect to be reimbursed for my time and services in the same way as you would be for yours, whatever they may be,