Reply To: Is there a doctor on board?Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines Is there a doctor on board? Reply To: Is there a doctor on board?

GarethForster1
Participant

In Response to Harry Monks comment, while I appreciate what you are saying, I would never dream of sending a bill to the patient. was it the Patients fault they took ill inflight. Im proud that I work for the UK’s NHS a system that provides free healthcare from the cradle to the grave. I firmly believe that an airline should have a duty of care to all its fare paying passengers and If they are requesting assistance from a qualified healthcare professional have an equal right and duty of care to compensate the qualified healthcare professional that offered there service often beyond the call of duty and yes before I went anywhere near the patient they asked me to see my Nursing License / PIN which I always happen to carry in my wallet. As a Nurse my Patient always comes first and to be honest i’d do the same again even without payment but I think its the principle. Its an ethical decision for a Dr or Nurse and I think any reasonable airline should also take such a decision based on ethics. Im not requesting a fortune just some recognition for my time and service, be it an upgrade, some FFP or flight reimbursement and as any fellow Nurse or Medic would agree, time off is precious!