Reply To: Is there a doctor on board?

Back to Forum

GarethForster1
Participant

I Agree. Im a Registered Nurse and when travelling recently between the UK and Dubai with a Dubai based airline, that call went out requesting a Doctor or Nurse!!!Id had a few Gin and tonics was feeling relaxed and looking forward to enjoying my flight but because I have a duty of care and a code of professional conduct I felt obliged to offer my assistance! The Patient had chest pain, though after taking a history and checking her obs , as an experienced cardiac Nurse I felt it was not an MI, but did need to give IV fluids and monitor the Patient for the whole of six hours till I handed over to the paramedics who met the aircraft on arrival in Dubai What a great start to my holiday and although I did get a thank you sir from the cabin services director on arrival in Dubai not as much as a penny from the airline to compensate me for my time and skill. great to be valued!

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls