Reply To: What could you do?

Back to Forum

Speedbird_ABZ
Participant

A couple of thoughts I had/have when these flights were first announced from an ABZ point of view.
BA have 8 (9 some days) ABZ/LHR flights which have a very high load factor. They have built up a lot of loyalty from here and they have good connections to the main oil centres which is what we need 90% of the time. Houston being the main one, Dubai, Singapore, Rio, Baku being the other major ones amongst others.
Virgin just doesn’t have the connectivity required from here on the whole – even if they have partners, they are not well advertised/known here.
Personally I tried to book a through ABZ/MIA for a holiday just before the route started and the website gave a stupid connection which was totally unreasonable, and even calling the call centre made no difference – they could not do a through ABZ/LHR/MIA return! I switched back to BA.
Teething troubles I’m sure, but as much as I tried to give them the business they basically turned me away.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls