Reply To: Why do people fly on British Airways?

Back to Forum

Papillion53
Participant

Morning Judy – hope you’ve got over this mess!

As others have said it is not just BA that this happens to. I have read your post a few times before commenting now, so bear with me that I did read it correctly and of course, we are all reading it with hindsight! I think it would have been contracted staff, not BA people at Bologna.

Like you I would have wanted to know what was happening and would have felt equally as frustrated at the lack of information and help. Unfortunately when we are standing in a queue it always seems much longer than it usually is …. It reminded me of busy check-outs at hotels on a Friday morning, so to solve the “I’ve been standing here for 20 minutes” complaints when in reality it may have been only 5 minutes, I put a television on the reception counter, and it dispensed with that “complaint” almost instantly! Anyway I digress, as usual.

With hindsight Judy, patience is a virtue, it seemed you did an awful lot of running around without much of a plan, but hey we’ve all been there! 😉

How did you book these tickets – if online, could you not have self rebooked or just booked yourself on the later flight and then sorted out the refund later, that’s probably what I would have done to make sure I was on the next flight if I really couldn’t afford to miss the next day connection. Or I would have phoned the BAEC to get it sorted out, but maybe you are not a member?

I fly BA mainly because I trust their safety record, and we’ve on the whole had a very good experience with them. When flying for pleasure, we enjoy premium cabins thanks to their Avios scheme. :-))

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls