Reply To: Direct Aisle Access

Back to Forum

Andrew66
Participant

I agree that direct aisle access is the way forward and I guess that any future plans from BA will incorporate this , because that is what everyone else is doing , it should become the standard norm for business travel .
Personally I don’t find the current set up a real problem , I find the seat comfortable for sitting , eating , relaxing and sleeping , the service i find very good as the food and drink too ,but then I only travel with my wife and we always book row 15 so no clambering over people’s feet and don’t mind have seats E and F in the centre , I imagine most single business travellers would find this aspect unappealing .
We also flew in biz on emirates on a 777 and once again , comfort , service and quality was very good , we had 2 seats J/K and again no problem if my wife wanted to get up and make her way past me , whilst I don’t mind my wife straddling over me , would you want a complete stranger doing this ? I know you would ask someone to move in this situation , but no one likes disturbing people and it seems that people want their own private space where they don’t have to engage in contact or conversation with each other , direct aisle access enables this and people find that more desirable these days .

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls