Reply To: WHAT’S HAPPENING TO IAG & BACreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines WHAT’S HAPPENING TO IAG & BA Reply To: WHAT’S HAPPENING TO IAG & BA

flyingcanadian
Participant

Transtraxman.
No you have read it correctly. Alliances were formed to enable airlines to pass their pax to a partner airline without losing revenue. Instead of 200+ airlines, there were 3-5 alliances covering the world. However, when you say in an earlier thread that BA could pass it pax to Etihad, Malaysian and Sri Lankan at LHR, I am sure that BA would lose a lot of revenue. (I do not know percentage partner airlines pay each other on code-share flts, but I am sure it would be better for BA if they took the pax all the way. They used to fly to all those destinations). Feeder services are the ideal alliance partner, but I do not consider flts LHR-KUL etc as feeder flts.
IHG/BA seem not to know which direction to take. That was the reason I started this topic. Many comments have said BA concentrates on the USA market, and leaves the rest. But if there was another 9/11, BAs revenue would dry up. Air Canada suffered badly because of 9/11, and yet there has never been a major terrorist attack in Canada.