Reply To: WHAT’S HAPPENING TO IAG & BA

Back to Forum

flyingcanadian
Participant

Seconded, Transtraxman. It is a very interesting article.

However, it shows where BAs weaknesses are. When something like 9/11 happens, it leaves the airline with little areas to pick up the slack. I travel the Far East a lot, and everyone says the next expansion is China, Japan, and even the Sub-continent, India, is booming. When I travel to Singapore and Thailand, one sees double the Asian visitors to Europeans. (It does not help with a weak Euro and the economic climate in Europe.) I am surprised that IAG and BA are not trying to expand their market in those areas. Can someone please tell me where BAs pax come from on the American market? Are they Europeans/British, or Americans flying BA in preference to UNITED/AMERICAN/DELTA? if it is the latter, it says a lot for BAs service over their American counterparts, even though they are in the Alliance with American.
Again, thanks for the thread.
As I finish writing this thread, I hear on the news that a short-haul BA OSLO flt has had an emergency landing at LHR, closing the runway for a short time, and BA has cancelled all short hauls until 1600BST!

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls