Reply To: BA SaleCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines BA Sale Reply To: BA Sale

Senator
Participant

Thanks VK for promoting lovely Stockholm. If the summer continues like the late spring has (winter took forever this year) you will all enjoy stunning weather if you visit. I’ve already had several weeks of BBQ at my place in central Stockholm. Anyone interested in other things to do let me know and I can come with suggestions.

The number of sales this spring for the summer period for “the same seats” have been stunning. I think I’ve seen NYC on sale six times since February. Looks like each time one of the large JVs or Alliances put out an offer, the other matches the offers. So just as Star JV finished, BA came around which is now been matched. NYC from ARN for £1,250 return including LCY-JFK is stellar.

I for one, am flipping this around and taking the London offers. I will be buying my first out-of-pocket First Class ticket on Lufthansa and Swiss. The highest value for money is LHR-ATL, and I will certainly be optimising the route to allow me to experience the First Class Lounge in MUC, First Class Terminal in Frankfurt, the new B747-8i, the Swiss A330-300, the First Class Lounge in Zurich, the First Class Lounge in Geneva all for about £2,500. This year, I’ve been stationary for work so this will generate around 45,000 miles to keep my Senator status. Whilst I enjoy my BA experiences, it is a no brainier to choose LH/LX over BA when you are in the mood to indulge in the full experience and don’t care about direct flights.