Can I suggest that if anyone does go to the lounges and discovers a sight to behold (and not in a positive way) take a photo!! Then email it to BA. Even as crew this is often what we do on board. If we have a meal loaded that is clearly below standard instead of filling out a form or trying to describe it, out comes the iPhone or iPad, ‘Click’ and off it goes to Frank the chief of IFCE as well as catering. As they say, a picture tells a thousand words.
Slightly OT of this thread but just in regards TO BA’s financials:
There was a feature in this weeks internal magazine ‘up to speed’ about BA’s latest financial results by CFO Nick Swift. Obviously I cannot provide a link, but just to pass on a few points:
– On track to make the targeted £1.1B operating profit by ’15
– Operating loss in first quarter better than expected given the environment. Bad weather in January contributed as well as ‘aircraft serviceability issues’. First quarter is traditionally loss making.
– Revenue up, focus on yield Vs volume, no massive fuel price increases.
– Non fuel costs up slightly, mainly attributed to costs in introducing the new aircraft types.
– Continues on to compare BA financials with those of VS, LH, AF/KL etc.
– Focus on SQ financials. Operating profit $228M. Same period last year $786M. The article suggests that the challenges that have faced the euro airlines for a few years now are moving to asia – Mid east airlines challenging the SIN transit hub. Chinese carriers pricing aggressively in their (updated) premium cabins. And the likes of Air Asia/Jetstar with 1000+ aircraft on order. Was an interesting article, a shame I can’t provide a link.
Anyway, back to the thread 🙂