Reply To: BA T5 First lounge…disaster.Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines BA T5 First lounge…disaster. Reply To: BA T5 First lounge…disaster.

pdwtrip
Participant

While the word ‘disaster’ is probably over the top – it certainly is confusing.
Travelled last Friday in F and used the Concord lounge – staff seemed to be fine, food good; although had run out of the fishcakes and poached eggs. Rose Bollinger delicious.
Decided to have a look round the F and Galleries lounges to compare the changes – and noted that now biscuits served in large jars – very unhygenic and would not be trying those. Also, cake was cut into slices onto very large trays – not only unappetising – but also ensures that it will be dried out in no time. No choice of crisps (my favourite Chilli flavour not to be seen – it’s plain or nothing!). My FD was on the trip with me and confirmed that the magazines that she usually enjoys a flick through were all absent – in all lounges.
I am sure that the above changes will have reduced consumption and hence will have saved money – but it does smack of penny pinching of the worst kind – petty. It’s confusing because I have been participating in the BA Future Lab to see what enhancements can be made to the BA product to engage with the customer experience. I am now wondering why I am bothering.
Shame about the above changes – given that the flight was excellent with top notch cabin team; only negatives is the poor quality display used in NF and on this 777 the reduced choice of movies on the IFE.