Reply To: BA T5 First lounge…disaster.Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines BA T5 First lounge…disaster. Reply To: BA T5 First lounge…disaster.

Papillion53
Participant

Esselle, I’m afraid my vintage does somewhat take me pre-Sir David! I had moved on and out by then. I would imagine you know many of the people I would have known or have worked with in the business.

Binman62 – they weren’t called the “Glasgow Mafia” for nothing! 😉 I used to navigate my way around Glasgow by the hotels!

NIRScot – those rail tickets were also used for staff travel – not supposed to be of course, and we had to try and dodge the rail inspectors! And we always had the first class vouchers no less! LOL!

I wonder if you also remember the Royal Darroch Hotel, Aberdeen. It was destroyed by a gas explosion in 1983 and sadly several people died, I knew some of them.

You’ve certainly brought back some memories today.

Seanymuclhr – I think it probably has gone as far as it can until more of BT readers go through and report on their findings. Sometimes things just drift and what harm has it done – it has certainly given me food for thought today – tenuous link I know 🙂 and you did mention “Walkers”, so that reminded me of my visit there, so we could blame you a little bit for me getting off topic initially, couldn’t we? 😉 :-)))))

I think the use of tongs for buffets and for removing the new biscuits from their barrels at T5 is not really the answer. Germs can be transmitted onto them in the exact same way as when people touch food directly. And I absolutely hate when people put tongs down on top of food at buffet counters. Do they not stop and think that they have just handled said implement and are now putting their germs on food! Avoid food tongs at all cost! In fact, I don’t really care much for buffets either, but as my late mother used to tell me “you eat a ton of germs before you die”! I always use a serviette over tong handles if and when I have to use them. And it has always puzzled me how does that solitary mushroom always manage to be floating around in the baked beans pot? LOL!

That’s another reason I am quite happy to have my sandwiches served still wrapped on board as well – the less people who touch my food, the better!

Have a great weekend everyone :-)).