Reply To: BA T5 First lounge…disaster.Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines BA T5 First lounge…disaster. Reply To: BA T5 First lounge…disaster.

Papillion53
Participant

I just wanted to share this little story …. You don’t have to read it, it is a bit off topic.

Many years ago when I was just starting off in the hotel industry in a sales role around Scotland for a major hotel group, I happened to visit Walkers of Aberlour. While I was there in my meeting with one of the Walker directors he showed me a sample of the two-finger shortbread pack that they were trialling. I well remember him asking me to take some samples back to the buyers at HQ, and I did. He also asked me if I thought they would be a good idea to put in hotel rooms – Yes I said! More samples loaded into the back of Mrs P’s Austin Allegro (that will tell you how long ago it was!). I think a few didn’t make the journey 😉

So in some very small way I like to think that in taking those first Walker shortbread samples to HQ, I was instrumental in helping those delicious little packets of shortbread make their way onto hotel hospitality trays around the world and over the years into all sorts of places where a couple of wrapped biscuits were required. There was even a packet in our mini bar in the Shangri-La Hotel in Sydney – $8 for an 8 finger pack!

Much as I enjoy Walkers shortbread and if you like shortbread, then you should try Deans shortbread – it is probably the best shortbread in the world. 🙂

They are so handy when you are travelling and it’s a shame they’ve taken them away, but I expect it was because so many were taking them away that they removed them.

After all, shouldn’t food in the lounge be eaten in the lounge? But I’m as guilty as the next for taking a couple of things “to go”!