Reply To: BA T5 First lounge…disaster.Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines BA T5 First lounge…disaster. Reply To: BA T5 First lounge…disaster.

Senator
Participant

Trying to get back on track for a moment….

I’ve yet to sample the new catering in Galleries First. I would however, like to perhaps offer a table of comparison with the competition, with focus on the European competition in the name of AF/KLM and LH Group as I believe this is more relative than bringing the likes of SQ, TG and CX in the discussion:

True First Class lounges:
BA offers the CCR: I’ve been in there a few times. Like most of BA; excellent when excellent, poor when poor.

AF has The La Première lounge at Paris-Charles de Gaulle. Whilst my one personal encounter with AF F was in 2005, prior to this and an overall dreadful experience due to the building site called CDG, I have two contacts that rave about the experience, and one in particular has sampled most products including SQ Private Room in SIN. He said it left nothing to be desired, it was downright the best he had sampled.

LH FCT and FCL in FRA/MUC: I’ve sampled both FCT and FCL, and the LH ground experience is truly stellar.

LX FCL in ZRH and GVA: not LH level, but far superior to the CCR.

In summary, BA CCR and F ground experience compared to European competition is far behind…

However, we are here talking about the experience for Gold Card holders, and the picture is very different (IMHO):

BA Galleries First T5: open space, newer too crowded (in my experience), great selection of F&B, Champagne Bar etc.

AF or KLM in AMS/CDG: no separate Flying Blue Platinum Lounge. Specially the AF offering within Europe is dreadful. Long haul lounge ok, but no separation of C/J and top status members.

LH Senator Lounges MUC/FRA: despite the recent investments in new facilities, I find the lounges crowded and nowhere near the BA Galleries First Lounge.

LX Senator Lounges ZRH/GVA: as much as I like Swiss, I find these lounges very crowded and food offers so poor.

If you step one level down to Business Class and Silver Cards, the BA Galleries lounges are a haven in comparison.

So perhaps crisps are down to one selection, biscuits have been changed, but it is still downright excellent and competitive offer compared to the European competition.