Reply To: UK Rip-Off – Refunded.

Back to Forum

rferguson
Participant

There has always been this type of discrimation because it is all based on what a particular market is prepared to pay.

It’s unfortunate that Ryanair did settle out of court, I guess a legal precedent was what it (and many other travel related companies) fear most about a legal win for the consumer.

For example, say you are renting a car in Australia. Many rental firms will charge a British purchaser more than say american.

Even eurostar. Last year I wanted to book some return tickets from London to Paris in their premium class. At the beginning of the transaction it asked me which country I resided in. I clicked the uk. I was given my quote in pounds. Out of curiosity I went back and clicked that I was a resident of the US. Same train, same class, same date and time. Was obviously quoted in usd but when I converted that into gbp it was about 30% cheaper.

And we all know about the airlines. Could it really be less of a cost for an airline to transport a passenger say CDG-LHR-LAX than LHR-LAX direct on the same flight?

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls