Reply To: BA Winter 2013 +, new aircraft, new routes:- your predictions & wish list

Back to Forum

JordanD
Participant

sparkyflyer – I think for W13 it was original due to be 1 x 744 and 1 x 77W on the LHR-BOM route; I know it was at least 1 x 77W as I was scheduled to be on that aircraft rotation and recently got notification through Manage My Booking that it had been switched to 744. A personal disappointment as I wanted to travel on the new WT+/WT product (and associated IFE) which is not available on the 744 fleet.

In terms of capacity, it is normally the “Hi-J” aircraft to BOM during the Nov/Dec/Jan period (14F/70J/30W/177Y), so one assumes that the switch from 77W to 744 is for more premium passengers (the 77W is configured 14F/56J/44W/183Y). Again, not surprising as seats to/from India at Christmas (especially BOM) are often hard to get and pricey as expats travel back for the holidays.

[Edit – I appreciate that W13 season is more than just Nov-Jan period, but that’s normally peak demand to India and can thus influence the rest of the season]

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls