Reply To: BA Winter 2013 +, new aircraft, new routes:- your predictions & wish list

Back to Forum

sparkyflyer
Participant

As I understand it, the economy of the city (Kolkata) has improved reasonably in the past few years, but the original problem was not enough premium pax.

But with 787 and it seems much cheaper fuel costs, this may make it worthwhile.

Not actually been to India sadly.

Re Dhaka; this now has 3 x weekly 77W ( I just checked), which I suspect will be sufficient for that market.

I wonder if BA are looking to serve Vietnam non stop, or via another city, like BKK. If so daily tags from BKK to Ho Chi Minh will probably be a bit too much, but this could be balanced with maybe a 3/4 flights a week, with a flight to Yangon on the other days.

It will be odd flying to BKK from LHR though and then backtracking, which is why I wonder if Yangon (with the business traffic and tourists), would be better served via India. I cannot see it being self sufficient for a while, which is why it would be best served as a tag to a bigger market.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls