Reply To: BA Winter 2013 +, new aircraft, new routes:- your predictions & wish list

Back to Forum

sparkyflyer
Participant

It seems from the posts in this thread that BA may be looking at 787 non stop routes to places such as Santiago, and if not tagged to SIN, BKK or KUL, perhaps Jakarta, which for BA, is very bold indeed.

Are they really that much cheaper than 767/777? On a similar thread which ran last year, many contributions thought that Manila would be a good additional BA destination, but I was not so sure it would be viable, especially with such abundant (indirect) competition.

Would a non stop 787 LHR MNL be worthwhile, or perhaps stopping in Vietnam instead be more sensible?

It seems that if BA have decided upon BKK going standalone 772 in the Winter, that they have decided not to use BKK as a stop to Vietnam or Jakarta.

I reckon Taipei would justify a return, as part of “Greater China”, so another thought could be to serve Taipei along with Manila, a bit like KLM do.

However this would probably be a big cargo earning route and I do not know if the 787 has significant capabilities in this area.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls