Reply To: BA Winter 2013 +, new aircraft, new routes:- your predictions & wish list

Back to Forum

sparkyflyer
Participant

On IB, I have known business contacts of mine to fly from Panama City to Madrid on KLM via Amsterdam, in order to avoid IB!

On a separate note, I have heard the Panama government are so keen on BA to fly there that they will almost underwrite it!

There have been some good ideas here, but some of them I am quite sure the BA route planning dept & BA management would need to get an atlas out for!

But it seems things are happening if the rumours of Jakarta, KL, Vietnam and Santiago are true. As RFerguson said the 787 allows for long and very “interesting” routes, but the A380 should help release even more slots for such routes.

I actually think the once weekly Las Palmas route is quite innovative, and think demand will be great, not least from BA staff.

On China, I think BA will see how Chengdu does, unless they go for NW China (Urumqi) as a tag to Almaty to test that out, or Urumqi non stop to the booming Mongolia.

Any more thoughts or rumours on Sub-Saharan Africa? 767s replaced by 787s will be perfect for testing out some of these routes. . .

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls