Reply To: BA Winter 2013 +, new aircraft, new routes:- your predictions & wish listCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines BA Winter 2013 +, new aircraft, new routes:- your predictions & wish list Reply To: BA Winter 2013 +, new aircraft, new routes:- your predictions & wish list

rferguson
Participant

My guess is an A380 will be announced for JNB very soon.

As excited as I am about the A380, I think it will be the 787 that will offer the most interesting new destinations. Although the first routes it will operate will be current long haul 767 routes, the aircraft is designed to operate very long range routes economically. And with fewer seats to fill, and fewer crew operating costs the options for new destinations are massive.

Blacktower I can definitely see Jakarta coming online soon. Willie Walsh himself mentioned the city on his emerging markets ‘wish list ‘ a few years ago along with Seoul (commenced now) and Vietnam.

Perth, I can’t see it. It is a mining boom town BUT QF and EK pretty much have the market there tied up. And OW partners CX (who BA have joined in an oz partnership) and MH both fly there. And not to mention QR with their direct DOH-PER flight.

I think one of the first route changes we will see is the current LHR-BAH-DOH flight de-linked and a non-stop LHR-DOH flight being introduced to offer one stop flights to many of QR’s destinations to the likes of Iraq, Perth, Melbourne, Myanmar, Cambodia etc.