Reply To: BA Winter 2013 +, new aircraft, new routes:- your predictions & wish list

Back to Forum

rferguson
Participant

Stra8talking spot on.
I recently flew on a QF 747 which was of a similar vintage to many of BA’s. Yet when I got oboard it was like being on a new aircraft. And it was spotless.
BA’s can be a disgrace. Padding on the seats so worn that parts of the seat metal are beginning to protrude through, worn carpets, sidewalls almost yellow with age, seat pockets hanging off. Like I said in my earlier post, sometimes it’s just embarrassing.
I know a QF style solution is not so easy for BA. It’s much quicker (and cheaper) to refurb a fleet of 14 or so 747’s than 50-odd. The other problem is that the state of aircraft we have now is largely based on decisions made many moons ago. For example, the 767 fleet should have been no more at BA (starting two years ago!). And at least six of the oldest 747’s should now have been retired. But due to the delays with the introduction of the A380 and 787 these old birds have had to continue on, well beyond their sell by date. But surely some new carpets, new seat padding and a deep clean wouldn’t be too much to ask of these old birds.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls