Reply To: BA Winter 2013 +, new aircraft, new routes:- your predictions & wish listCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines BA Winter 2013 +, new aircraft, new routes:- your predictions & wish list Reply To: BA Winter 2013 +, new aircraft, new routes:- your predictions & wish list

rferguson
Participant

@ greg75 – BA launched a daily LGW-JFK 777 service about three years ago. It lasted literally one season. For whatever reason the route just didn’t work out of LGW. Probably because of the plethora of flights, connections and accessibility to London via LHR. The route was pulled and CUN and MLE launched using the aircraft instead. Both these have proved to be hugely successful, again demonstrating that leisure routes seem to work best for BA at LGW.

@ Str8talking – it would be great to see BA launch a new CW product. But IMHO I can’t see it happening for another few years at the earliest. I could be wrong but I would have thought BA would take the opportunity of launching a new CW product on it’s new A380’s and 787’s as they are delivered. Then retrofit the remainder of the fleet. But this isn’t happening. Just my opinion but I think the priority should be refreshing the economy cabins on the older aircraft that are not being retired in the next five or so years. Some of them are plain embarrassing.