Reply To: BA Winter 2013 +, new aircraft, new routes:- your predictions & wish listCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines BA Winter 2013 +, new aircraft, new routes:- your predictions & wish list Reply To: BA Winter 2013 +, new aircraft, new routes:- your predictions & wish list

sparkyflyer
Participant

Interesting thoughts so far.

@TimFitzgeraldTC, I am very sure you are right about Sao Paulo being a very in demand route, and I understand one of the most profitable, but it is to Brazil what LHR is to UK, very, very slot constrained, and getting another slot is almost impossible, which is why I think it could/should go A380. Did you have Santiago in mind as the other city?

I wonder about Shanghai as I heard both BA & VS are slightly reducing the schedules/equipment used.

BA744fan I think Jakarta is a huge opportunity and a big missing part of their current network.Garuda are re-starting London nonstop daily with 77W, but arguably their schedules are not that attractive, except for Oz routes! So I think BA can join in, either as a tag to KUL or BKK, or how about LHR-Jakarta-Perth on a 787? Very fuel efficient aircraft on a very long sector, to a booming country, with a tag to one of the richest cities in Oz?

Joburg must be a candidate for A380 use. It has 17 flights a week, surely a daily A380 and daily 747 would be sufficient, releasing 3 slots for somewhere else, like Jakarta, Harare, Durban/Maputo, Brasila/Santiago etc.

Cloud 9 I look forward to to your thoughts as to which not currently served cities in USA would be worthwhile for BA/AA.

VK which “leisure” cities in South America did you have in mind. I think of South America as business, tourist and also lots of cargo. Does anyone know if the 787 is “good” as a cargo aircraft?

Also the new 77Ws, which routes do you think these will be allocated to? Surely the routes with strong competition, but also maybe routes which are very expensive jetfuel wise versus 744. Houston?