Reply To: IAG a House of Cards?Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines IAG a House of Cards? Reply To: IAG a House of Cards?

AnthonyDunn
Participant

In a perfect world, everyone would have behaved rationally, decently and not gone in for the trench warfare that marked the BASSA dispute – and NO, I do not want to go there again – that’s been well chewed over before.

Like you, and as I have oft stated, I consider that the UK directocracy apes the worst aspects of the US approach to corporate governance: snouts in the trough for the board and senior execs, P45s and pay cuts for the “little people”. And I have repeatedly stated that WW should have set an example by taking a pay cut from an already generous pay, pension and perks package rather than a near doubling of this when he took over the helm at IAG. That would have stymied much of the opposition were he and his team to have been seen to be taking the same pain as everyone else. But management from behind rather than in front is often how UK execs appear to like to conduct themselves. I dare say that this is one significant contributory factor to why UK plc has, in terms of its economic performance since 1945, been comprehensively outperformed by Deutschland GmbH; in Germany, the management appear to want to take the staff with them…