Reply To: BA Fares ex-EuropeCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines BA Fares ex-Europe Reply To: BA Fares ex-Europe

OneWing48
Participant

I have often seen references in these pages to cheaper BA fares in premium classes being available ex-Europe rather than from the UK.

I have looked at fares to Sydney in FIRST ex Amsterdam, Paris, Zurich etc. through the BA homepages of the respective countries but I have found these fares to be generally higher, not lower. I have found fares on a par with UK costs when looking at Frankfurt as a departure point but nowhere have I seen the markedly lower prices as suggested by various comments in these forums. (I am allowing for currency values in my comparisons.)

Is it the case that the comparisons being referred to in postings are between fully flexible UK fares and those available ex-Europe (which all seem to offer greater flexibility than the lowest price options ex-UK) or are my search techniques faulty?

I am aware of the savings available in both the UK and European markets by virtue of the shareholder discount.

Any help appreciated.