Reply To: BA 60J vs VirginCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines BA 60J vs Virgin Reply To: BA 60J vs Virgin

MartynSinclair

I have chosen and booked:

In researching my options I was looking at overall value and for me this includes (in no particular order):

**aircraft type

**timings

**ground experience

**rewards programme

**cost of experience

**departure airport

As this is partly a vacation, cost has come into the equation, so taking the advice of robsmith100

“a change in a while couldn’t do much harm”,

I looked at 3 alternatives – Delta, Virgin and American.

One look at the Delta web site, was enough to make me discount this option.

Reading recent comments on the forum, I was not going to use American for the long haul.

However, Virgin had a very good price in Upper so I called them, with all good intentions but was totally disillusioned with the sales lady.

Question: the schedule shows a 747 on the return but an airbus out. Is this correct?

Answer: we are waiting for our new aircraft, I am showing its one of the old airbus’s for both sectors

Question: does it have the new inflight entertainment

Answer: wouldn’t have though so

Question: can I order a vegetarian meal (I have since seen a very comprehensive review of special meals on the Virgin website)

Answer: can you call back on Monday!

So the result is that 60J won in all areas and has now been booked and in addition I should be awarded the 2 for 1 upgrade shortly, which can be quite valuable.

One final point, I know that there is a BA sale on at the moment. Whilst the fares are not particularly spectacular in terms of the wow factor (except for VK’s choice of Muscat!), they have been reduced to at least a competitive level, where the advantages of the European shuffle have been removed, albeit temporarily.