Reply To: A tale of 3 airlinesCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines A tale of 3 airlines Reply To: A tale of 3 airlines

LuganoPirate
Participant

The problem with LH is they have a large captive market. Most Germans prefer a German airline and German crew, and the crew do treat their compatriots much better than they do “Auslanders”. An example of this was clear when my wife’s seat was double booked. They had to upgrade passengers to the half empty 1st class cabin, where I was sitting.

A German man sat next to me, and said what was happening, and that my wife would probably be upgraded and he would swap seats with her so we could sit together.

In the end, despite her Silver status she was not upgraded, yet the man next to me had no status at all with LH – not even the basic card. Clear bias here.

Her sweet revenge was when our 11 year old came to the cabin. She and our friends were helping drink LH dry, keeping the FA’s from resting which annoyed them as well. In came Mrs. Arrogant FA who told my wife in that annoying tone, “your son must leave the cabin NOW!”. He turned, looked at her and threw up his lousy LH dinner – and this at 3am. Her face went crimson, she rushed off to get some cloths which she handed to my wife.

Now when wound up, Italians can be much more vocal and arrogant than Germans so she refused and a now very angry and flustered FA then set about cleaning up the mess to the delight of my wife and friends. Interestingly, they used the coffee grounds to neutralize the smell.

I should add my wife’s behavior was driven by the arrogance of the LH crew. My son for some reason is airsick on almost every flight and she is the first to offer help in cleaning it up if he does not get the bag in time, but the Swiss crew always refuse her offer.