Reply To: SQ BUSINESS CLASS REWARD SEATSCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines SQ BUSINESS CLASS REWARD SEATS Reply To: SQ BUSINESS CLASS REWARD SEATS

EugeneChan
Participant

Stephen Doyle: yes, no Saver Fares are offered for the SQ A380/777ER SYD/SIN routes.

I booked 4 Business Saver SIN-SYD tickets on a 773 and upon reading Flyingcanadian’s comment, I was getting excited that they were now offering the Saver Fares for the A380/777ER flights and so I was going to change all my tickets but I guess not….oh well. I obviously misinterpreted the post.

However, I have had issues with the Singapore Airlines online booking system. When I was booking those tickets on their website, the website did not indicate to me which Business Class seating configuration was fitted on the aircraft that was to operate my flight. The online booking system merely told me that my flight was to be operated by a 773, but it gave me two seating configurations for Business Class – either the 2-3-2, or the 2-2-2. It did not go further by informing me which of the two configurations my aircraft would be using.

I found that really annoying, especially when there seems to be such disparity between the types of Business Class seats offered on different aircraft types (e.g. A380 compared to the 772). There is disparity even within the SAME aircraft type (e.g. the 773 has two Business Class configurations).

I brought this to Singapore Airlines through their email complaint system and they have apparently forwarded it to the relevant department, but I have yet to hear from them. They merely referred me to some links on their website indicating the seat plans of the 773 aircraft but once again, none of those links illuminate which Business Class configuration my 773 flight would be using. Instead, they told me that I needed to contact them directly to find out this information – incredibly inconvenient and unsatisfactory. I understand that the aircraft is subject to change but I would like to know at any point in time, which configuration my aircraft is using, particularly at the time of booking.

Anyway, I think this problem is confined to the 773 aircraft because there are two Business Class configurations (seats), but has anyone else had similar experiences with their online booking (or is it just me)?