Reply To: SQ BUSINESS CLASS REWARD SEATSCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines SQ BUSINESS CLASS REWARD SEATS Reply To: SQ BUSINESS CLASS REWARD SEATS

LPPSKrisflyer
Participant

I think it was only ever a matter of time until SQ offered award seats on the A380 and 773ER. After all, they do make something out of award seats rather than fly them empty. As in other threads, the C seats on these two aircraft have not been an overwhelming success, together with a significant deterioration in the soft product and fares that are at silly prices compared to the competition, from what I’ve seen loads are getting lighter in SQ premium cabins. Additionally, there are now reasonable choices if you want to fly on the A380 many of which offer better or comparable products and the 773ER was never special anyway and again, there are plenty of better seats on other carriers. Perhaps the most damning indictment on the C seat is that no other carrier has introduced anything even remotely similar!

Of course, that would never be admitted and no doubt the current strategy is and always has been the right one as far as their blinkered management are concerned but those of us paying fares think a bit differently and enough premium pax are spending their money in other places these days.

I have LPPS status – so lifetime. If I didn’t, I certainly wouldn’t qualify these days and wouldn’t even attempt to since the introduction of PPS value where you are told how much to spend to achieve status! Given that the PPS club is for their loyal and high spending customers, they’ve cut that back to the bone too and people like me who were once brand loyal spend a lot more money in other places these days than with SQ!