Reply To: Upgrading with BA miles – is it possible with travel agent bookings?

Back to Forum

Biggless
Participant

VintageKrug – when I’ve been through that line coming in on First and needing to transfer to domestic the wait has been terrible and I guess as Gold is quite common it does not feel like a special service for First. Also to agree with Goldcardsaplenty, the door staff on the Concorde room are hopeless. Last year my wife & I were refused entry even though travelling on First class tickets since the badly trained person thought that flying on on domestic didn’t count. She forced us to walk the long route round then the staff inside did know the correct position and let us in the Concorde room. I did then have the pleasure of going outside with a supervisor to speak to the door person and obtain a grudinging apology ! Whilst I’m on First service, how come you get no preference at the pathetically reduced spa service. Even when I’ve had a 2 1/2 hr wait it has been difficult to book a so called treatment. If you count a machine. Long gone the good old days when you actually got a proper massage on a table for 30mins with oils and a real person. Yes I know they do the back massage through your shirt but not the same is it !

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls