Reply To: Upgrading with BA miles – is it possible with travel agent bookings?

Back to Forum

Goldcardsaplenty
Participant

VintageKrug:

I must try and follow you through the ‘dedicated F and Gold Card line at T5’ – 2m 38secs would be a miracle for me!!!! More like 10 mins stood there whilst the totally disinterested security staff spend all the time talking to each other about boyfriends/girlfriends/holidays/Xfactor/Eastenders as they send the occasional bag through the scanner.

Fast Track security at T5 is poor – not Ba’s fault but reflection of BAA’s ignorance of Business Travellers needs.

‘Turned right into Concorde Room’ is probably the one comment that really annoys me – you can only do this if actually flying ‘F’. If not I have to walk past all the useless shops, go down the escalator, past more useless shops, up the escalator to get to the First Lounge.

If you dare to ask the Gruppenführer on the desk at the Concorde Lounge if you can walk through to the First Lounge you are lucky to escape without being shot.

I also have well over 100 transits through T5 and it is a great terminal. But stop looking at it through rose tinted glasses – it does have its problems and could be better.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls