Reply To: New Food for Club World

Back to Forum

Binman62
Participant

VK…….”””but all rather hampered by lack of budget (and quite rightly so, given the financial risks faced by the airline last year)”””……..roll eyes and sigh deeply……….

BA are charging over £9000 for a seat in First to JFK, £11000 for seat to LAX and £9200 ( source BA.com). Please…. at these prices the food offering should be Fat Duck quality with service to match. Defending BA’s lack of investment in First catering ( my experience in the last 3 weeks was that it was good, but far from outstanding) when they have the nerve to have such fares beggars belief. Club catering on a tray is simply not acceptable and has not been for some years. Most carriers offer plated meals equivalent to BA in First.

Club catering and the First product are far too reliant on the lack of competition across the Atlantic and as a result the offering, whilst consistent. is consistently below par compared to other carriers. Qantas for example have been offering a far superior business class product for many years.

I came home in the refurbished First product with the air vent stains streaking across the seats above 1 AK and bathrooms have not been refurbished and the galley simply looked dirty.

The cheese board offered ex the USA was nothing short of a disgrace and would have disgraced “little chef” The crew apologised for it before puting it in front of me.

BA has been in decline for at least 3 yearsand have clearly lost their way and at the moment there is nothing to show that they are fighting back.

Club World is a decent enough bed but you would have to be living in a parralel universe to think that the current product is worth the price being charged ex the UK.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls