Reply To: Is this any way to run a business?Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines Is this any way to run a business? Reply To: Is this any way to run a business?

dutchyankee
Participant

As a Dutch-American, I couldn’t agree more with you, however, much of this is also very old US Legislation. The Airline Clubs or Lounges in the USA came into existence as the Federal Government viewed First Class lounges which the likes of Pan Am and TWA used to have to be discriminatory, and that membership lounges or clubs (Clipper Club and Ambassador Clubs as examples) were the only fair way forward. To remain competitve with the International carriers, the airlines were allowed to extend access to their passengers on international flights, and to even open First and Business Class lounges strictly for their international flights. I don’t know if the legislation has changed in the USA as I haven’t lived there for over 20 years, but it sounds like the US carriers are following the old ‘laws’ to keep costs lower, and inturn to really annoy loyal passengers within their own alliances.