Reply To: Taking a guest into BA lounges

Back to Forum

LondonAndy70
Participant

I guess that many people reading Business Traveller travel mainly for business (the clue’s in the title perhaps!). However, many of those people also have children with whom they go on holiday once or twice a year. They may not feel inclined or able to afford to pay for Club World or First tickets to get the access to lounges that they have through their status.

My personal experience of the Terraces, First and Concorde Rooms at LHR are not that they have ever been packed. I therefore wonder whether a compromise could be to give 4 “jokers” per year and/or allow passengers with status to use miles (10,000?) for lounge access.

My daughter turned 2 this year and whilst she has already flown c. 30 flights she doesn’t have status, so when we next fly in a couple of months time it will be interesting to see whether she is allowed in to the lounge or not. I’ll ask politely and if the answer is no then we’ll go and sit in Plane Food or Giraffe instead.

However, as 90%of my travel is leisure travel paid for by me it would make me think about moving to Star Alliance who I know from experience have a more accommodating view on these things (certainly with BMI).

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls