Reply To: Taking a guest into BA loungesCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines Taking a guest into BA lounges Reply To: Taking a guest into BA lounges

UKFly79
Participant

I must state I believe that one guest into the lounge is fine, especially if you are on a cheap Y ticket, it’s great!

I do however understand the odd occasion you may need an extra guest, whether it be a family member or a business colleague perhaps. I think they could boost gold level to that extent, as Martyn suggests, perhaps a tier marker that then allows an extra guest. After all gold and silver are now on the same bonus mileage accrual they should make gold just a bit more attractive for departing passengers. It could only work at T5 because of all the space; outstations would understandably be very hard to police without overcrowding.

For now, there’s a fair difference between a 1500 tp gold and a 4000 tp gold in revenue terms! If you are a “high revenue” gold it is shown in the system if the staff can be bothered to check, or are in the mood to exercise their discretion! So really, only a polite call to customer services (or if you have been given the number for special services!) is all one can try and do to save embarrassment at the door. I know high tp golds get a few more frills but it could be enhanced a little more. The dizzy heights of a CCR card don’t “officially” allow guest access at all!!

I have had a few occasions, mostly at LGW, whereby I have been allowed a couple of guests but I did ask nicely.

It may provide more clarity to open a thread or rename this thread along the lines of “more perks for gold cards” as everyone has some good ideas but realistically they could, and should, only be afforded to BA’s best customers.