Reply To: Taking a guest into BA lounges

Back to Forum

Cantona07
Participant

I would like to add my comments to this interesting thread. I am a BA & Emirates Gold Card Holder and travel in excess of 150 business flights per year, several times each year I bring my wife along and a couple of times per year my 15 year old daughter as well (neither of who hold any airline privileges) my last joint trip was to Abu Dhabi during the October holidays last year, I did what the forum suggests, called the BA guest relations team first to ask if it would be possible, subject to the lounge being quiet if we could bring my daughter into the lounge prior to the flight, this was noted on my file. On arrival in Manchester and Heathrow, no notes on my file and I was turned away, in Manchester as the lounge was totally empty I tried but the male member of BA was no having any of it and we simply went and found a quiet spot in the terminal and waited for the shuttle. At Heathrow we went out to the B gates and again asked the same question, this time a fellow passenger was trying the ‘I am a Gold Card Holder’ line in front of his wife and two teenage sons, the poor girl was under major pressure and simply held her line, a passing CSD asked to help me, again she could not find any notes on file but I decided to play along with her and be extra polite, bingo, please enjoy our facilities sir, enjoy your flight, if that was not good enough, 10 minuets later I got a private visit by the same member of staff asking me to return to the desk, low and behold we then all got upgraded into Club! – This was a one off I guess but it does show BA can accommodate the requests for lounge access, the only other time this worked was during the snow disruption in December, two guests were allowed during this period of chaos.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls