Reply To: Air France Crash – Long Hunt for Answers

Back to Forum

LuganoPirate
Participant

I have to agree with you Craig, the Airbus is a great plane and I think the fault lay with the Pitot tubes, not the plane itself. The trouble is we do not yet know all the reasons. I cannot believe a trained pilot would command nose up during a stall, but he must have had a reason, perceived or not, to do that.

I think being in the warm comfort of our living rooms as we speculate on what happened is vastly different to the pressure those guys were under during a few brief minutes of extreme storm activity, sudden icing, at night, with no visual references.

We will have to wait for the ACI investigators to do their work which I’m sure will be diligent and eventually will find out what happened so lessons can be learnt . I just hope the French Government does not try to keep any of the findings secret.

I have to admit to thinking about a cover-up at first, as per my earlier posts, but speaking to some pilot friends, they think there will be no cover-up, since in this day and age it is very hard to keep these things secret and the French need to demonstrate a full investigation, if not people really will put doubt in Airbus and this will do the French no good at all.

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls