Reply To: Oneworld round the world tripCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines Oneworld round the world trip Reply To: Oneworld round the world trip

KSHaggag
Participant

Hi Swissdiver !

The LCY/JFK service provides u with the feeling of a private jet ,offering a soothing ambience ,let alone attentive crew and a fantastic boarding/deplanement in seconds with just 32 fellow travellers ( if the flight is packed )..something that does not happen often really ….It is one of the most civilized services to fly to the Big Apple ..however u will have to make a concession on lounge facilities on the outbound leg at LCY …minimal facilities ,however on your way back it is the magnificent BA Galleries lounge and the Elemis Spa at JFK !!!!….an experience to fly for in my opinion ….don t forget ( if u are interested !) that this LCY/JFK leg is treated like a First Class service in terms of miles and Exec Club points accrued ..u get the credit of the F class miles and points ….!!!..I wish to see BA extending this service to other US points e.g. IAD,BOS,ORD ..but the point is that the A318 cannot fly everywhere due to its limited range ..on the LCY/JFK westbound ,they refuel in Shannon ,Ireland and u clear immigration and customs there arriving at JFK like a domestic passenger ,just to collect ur bag if u have checked in any !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..

Just to add to this ..my favourite way of crossing the Atlantic so far is BA Openskies from Orly to either EWR or IAD ……..my favourite ever ever ..I go out of my way to fly to ORY and catch it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..it might not be widely advertised in UK or even Switzerland …Switzerland because of the accessibility of ORY from ZRH or GVA …..it is AN EXPERIENCE !!!….find it hard nowadays to fly any other carrier /service to EWR or IAD ……………it s a mystery ….they have a 96.85% satisfaction rate among their customers ……I do vouch for them …..BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG TIME !…u see ..this is still BA !!!!….
By the way..my favourite country in the world is indeed Switzerland !!!..ha ah …see u there !

Cheers !