Reply To: Oneworld round the world trip

Back to Forum

stevescoots
Participant

BA 767 Philadelphia to London.
Check-in, nice simple easy and strait in. after going through the usual TSA check it was strait into the lounge. The BA lounge here is very good, divided into 2 depending on the class flown. Plenty of space, a good selection of food and drinks available to help yourself and as this was a late evening flight a full supper was served as well. I did not partake having just eaten before arriving at the airport, however it looked popular with my fellow travellers. Oh, and free Wi-Fi too. No complaints about the lounge and really only one comment. It is glass fronted on the main walkway so more often than not you have other airport users pressed up against the glass to take a look at what was happening inside. My advice, sit with your back to the windows or be forever waving at friendly kids.
Boarding was a breeze as far as BA were concerned, however a certain action had just happened over in Pakistan which would possibly explain the 8+ heavily armed black clad types randomly stopping people as they went down the jet way, this included me as I was dressed I my finest terrorist uniform of suit, tie and brogues. After a grilling I was allowed to board.
The aircraft was welcomingly clean and the staff immediately made me feels good to be flying BA. As a patron every month of Qatar and Cathay I do bash BA somewhat in comparison. However as you read from my previous I have never been so happy to be flying them!
The moment we took off I dropped my seat to sleep, the plane has flat seats, however it seat itself is short and there is a drop down from that to the footrest, this can be somewhat uncomfortable on the calves but I still managed to get about 4 hours sleep out of the 7.5 hours trip. I have 2 negative comments as much as I would not like to have them.
The IFE in my seat was nonfunctioning; despite several attempts to get the attention of the crew I ended up having to get up to see them. The controller was broken and making the screen constantly goes to home page. Not too much of an issue as I always travel with a bunch of movies on my hard drive.

The second and oft commented bane of BA was the food. Breakfast consisted of 3 slices of fruit, a pastry and a small dry hard bacon sandwich. Despite BAA stacking us we still managed to land on time and by the time I had made my way through security bags were already waiting in the hall.
All in all apart from the food and the IFE which was just unfortunate I give BA a good thumbs up on this one.
And that as they say is that! Next week I fly to CAN with Qatar and in July I go round again with BA to the US, NOT AA internal US, Cathay round to HKG and BA back to London

Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls