Reply To: 83.2% Vote for Industrial ActionCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines 83.2% Vote for Industrial Action Reply To: 83.2% Vote for Industrial Action

Alasdair
Participant

Beside the point pixelmeister. BA once considered the wage offered to its “old contract” crew fair and reasonable and hence crew applied and accepted BA’s offer. Since then, other contracts of lower salaries have been offered and accepted likewise… to meet cost cutting objectives.

I never once suggested mixed fleet be paid on par with older contract crew. In my book this is completely unnecessary. BA had cost saving targets to meet in this department and they have met them already.

I suggested tweaking mixed fleets T’s & C’s to be able to fly with existing crew, or even employ them directly solely into WW but on the salary they are offered. T’s & C’s would of course, need to be negotiated WITH a Union body as BA has an elected unionised workforce.

In terms of “industry averages,” this just doesn’t wash. Are you then trying to tell me BA captains must earn the same as Easyjet’s (as they certainly fly comparable hours)? I don’t begrudge them their salary, as they simply accepted the significantly above “industry average” T’s & C’s that were offered to them. They were lucky, and revered by BA as were crew.

But there is a pattern forming in what you are saying though… so shall we expect an unequivocal reduction in the salary and bonuses paid to BA top brass any time soon? To be in line with management of say BMI.

I don’t think so, profits are being made, BA is being run more effectively, pay rises have been taken (even though they are gunning for the cull of those of cabin crew).

The only thing now which is standing between BA and sales is the news of constant internal misery (through constant backing of strikes) and a deteriorating product in the prime income earning cabin. I have never flown First, so I cannot comment on that (but these are only a handful of passengers correct?).