Reply To: The great British AirwaysCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines All airlines The great British Airways Reply To: The great British Airways

goalie11
Participant

Hi

I agree with some of the comments that standards vary greatly, even within airlines that are given accolades for service etc. However, I don’t agree that BA offers a quality product in business class compared to others at the’ higher end’ of the market.

I’ve just taken 3 BA Club World journeys – Abu Dhabi to London, Calgary to London and yesterday London back to Abu Dhabi.

The product on the Calgary trip was on an ageing 767 with the fanned seperator between the seats. hand baggage space was limited and food awful.

On the LHR-AUH sector yesterday the flight left LHR at 09.30 and by 10.10 I was being asked if I would like to place my order for lunch, I asked when it was being served and was told in 20 minutes. Not fancying lunch soon soon after breakfast I asked if it could be served later, just like real customer service airlines like Etihad who do eat at your leisure, but was firmly told that it wasn’t possible. I passed. I also passed later when the ridiculously poor sandwich selection, wrapped in cellophane, was offered. I’m surprised the crew don’t cringe when they put this down to you.

And finally, BA must have one of the worst IFEs in the air today. They are falling so far behind competitors they will have to invest quickly because I for one will avoid them like the plague. No VOD in this day and age – miss the start of a film and you have to wait a couple of hours for it to replay.