Reply To: BA turning into Low Cost with “Buy On Board”Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways BA turning into Low Cost with “Buy On Board” Reply To: BA turning into Low Cost with “Buy On Board”

Binman62
Participant

I agree with Martyn’s summary also. For that reason if this proposal is true then it would be a huge mistake for BA.

And the idea that, having to pay for refreshments tomorrow that you had free today as somehow improving consumer choice, is barking mad. It does not, it adds cost to the consumer, pure and simple.

The coffee will not improve because you are paying for it and the wine will be same. Nor will BA’s Fees and charges regime be altered nor their ludicrous credit card fee when using a BA branded card.

Moreover, are we now to see to separate products on the London Glasgow route for example, with passengers paying for drinks to Heathrow but not Gatwick? (Though given BA monopoly on that particular route I would not be surprised to see Heathrow going the same way) BMI failed domestically because it had a very poor and utterly confusing product in the air. I cannot believe that BA will not have taken note of this.

VK defence of BA by describing it as a high value carrier is laughable for European travel and that includes the utterly appalling CE product, especially over 2.5 hours. It may be on a par with LH or others, but in Europe airlines have tackled by LCC with a flight from quality and a rush to the bottom across the whole product range.