Reply To: BA turning into Low Cost with “Buy On Board”Create Topic

Home Forums Airlines British Airways BA turning into Low Cost with “Buy On Board” Reply To: BA turning into Low Cost with “Buy On Board”

DisgustedofSwieqi
Participant

Daytripper

Thanks for the insult, I replied quite civily to you.

“Any comparison between them and BA is of no consequence to anybody from the UK.” Another case of ‘fog in the channel, Europe isolated?” Of course, I have never seen British people on Vueling, have I? No, must have dreamt that.

Where did you get the idea that I boycott BA? I hold a gold card and am a frequent user of the airline, perhaps I am not as brainwashed as you to ‘BA must always be best’ and apply a critical eye to all airlines I use.

My point it this, BA runs an advertising campaign where it selectively attacks low cost airlines, fair enough, it is a marketing gambit.

But if one really analyses the differences, there is not as much clear blue water as these ads would have one believe.

The reality is that fares are not too dissimilar (apart from Ryanair, when bought well forward, which is truly cheap in every sense) and that is a reflection of the relatively small difference in service delivery, for most pax.

If one is a member of BAEC, then travelling eurotraveller becomes more attractive than loco, but if not, one has to pay for lounge access and seat pre-allocation (if required.)

If you have a preference for BA over locos, then good for you, it’s called free choice.

As you have flown over 250 times on low cost airlines, I clearly don’t scrape the bottom of the barrel as much as you, but I repeat, when I have used them , the boarding process has been orderly. I have just used Ryanair for three return trips to Madrid, from Malta and the boarding process was fine, well marshalled by the gate agents at both ends on all six flights.